Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Reindeer day at Preschool

Each month Hailey's Preschool class has fun themes for their unit studies. This month is everything Christmas, yep our school is BIG on Christmas! It so reminds me of the "olden days" when I was a kid! I love it!!)
Anyhoo, today was Hailey's turn to take snack AND it was reindeer day. (I know I am a big dork, but I was really hoping she would have snack reindeer day. LOL) The past couple of months I have been wandering around on Pinterest.com and had seen a couple of cute reindeer snack ideas. We decided to make the Nutter Butter reindeer. (I used THIS site as my inspiration. But you can find lots of ideas HERE.)

 We had a bag of the Christmas M&Ms, so our deer all have green eyes. :-)

 From the photos you can see we changed ours up a bit, we used 2 pretzels instead of one. It was a little tricky getting them to stick in place. (The kids got a little crazy with the icing too. LOL) Even daddy helped.

 I think they are adorable!  Yeah, even if the "M" is showing on some of the candies. LOL

 Hailey and Hunter have enjoyed spreading the magic Reindeer food the past few years, so we did some of that for her classmates too.

 We had just enough foam reindeer kits for all of her friends and even had one left over for brother!

 We made cute little bags too.

This little guy was made using the Doodlecharms Cricut cartridge and the purple Marvy scalloped circle punch. You just can not go wrong with wiggly eyes!! (When I went to pick her up after school I saw a couple of the girls wearing these reindeer on their clothes.Too cute!!)
If you Haven't checked out Pinterest.com now would be a good time to do that! :-)
Thanks for stopping by!!
Until later~

1 comment:

Kristie Maynard said...

Soooo cute, I bet the kids just loved all the goodies. So fun when they can celebrate Christmas in the classroom. My kids did in nursery school, but after that, it was pretty toned down. But luckily they did do some Christmas things, because they also learned about Jewish and Muslim traditions.