Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

VBS Update

We have had a great week of Vacation Bible School!!  It has been crazy busy this week, but it has been a great week!! Our Family Fun Day will be on Sunday and that will close VBS 2010. We had 28 5 year olds and kindergartners. They were a great group of kids. It was fun to see the friendships develop over the week.
We had just over 250 kids each day. =) All of the money collected in the offering this week will go to buy school supplies for our school supply giveaway on August 7th. It was Boys vs Girls and they were tied both winning 2 days. They had brought  in $500 in pennies and change this week, and then this is the result of today's offering....


I hope you have had a good week. I am looking forward to getting my fingers inking on my own projects. LOL
Until later~

4 comments:

Dena E's Blog said...

Its so very exciting at our church VBS when the kids gather up loads of pennies too. God is truly and always AWESOME!!! Amen to that !!!
Blessings and Hugs Dena

Bridgett Owens said...

Oh I love that! How exciting!!! Wonderful memories for those precious children, a great cause to raise the money and God gets glorified! It really doesn't get any better than that! How fun! Thanks for sharing that and I am looking forward to some of your fantastic creations soon! My fingers haven't been inky for a while and I am itching to get back to it!

Kristie Maynard said...

Congrats on such a wonderful and successful week at VBS! Sounds like some kids will receive some much needed school supplies. Good for you!!!

Elizabeth Dianne said...

Hi Lisa, thank you so much for visiting my blog and your encouraging comment--I am humbled.

Your VBS kids looks like they had a great time and how awesome that they brought in all that money for the Kingdom.

I know VBS workers have a special place in heaven--I admire you so!

Love,
Dianne