Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

So much love

I have been on a scrapbook kick lately. I love that my page protectors are being filled and memories are making their way to paper. (I think this scrapping jag was brought about from my mom's sickness and passing. I have just been very sentimental lately.)
This picture was taken in March, it is of all 5 of "my" kids. I know I have mentioned before that I raised 3 before I was blessed with my own children. It was so cool that weekend to see how much each of "my" children loved each other!! I am very blessed to have each one of them and I am so proud of them.


 (The faces have been hid to protect the innocent. LOL)
As you can see, this one is not quit done- I need to get a large flower to layer on the circle. (Wouldn't you know I didn't have the right color. Oh well, I guess I need to do a little shopping. LOL) The Die cut cardstock had a large shamrock, I just covered it with other elements to make it work for this layout. 
Ready for "I Spy"?
The blue edge on the die cut- (it keeps the layers from looking "flat".)
Capital letters used within the title (tip: Mix lower case and capital letters in a fun way, I was out of lower case "e"s in this alphabet so a capital was used. I also started by placing the word love first and built my title backwards, this really helps with placement.)
a hand cut scallop
a coordinating cardstock strip punched with the Upper Crust punch
Small scrap of coordinating designer paper
5 tiny green "bling" on the corner of the photo (Tip- embellish your photos, it adds a polished look to your LO)
2 clear bling used to anchor the cardstock/designer paper layer
Inked edges (makes a smoother transition from one color to another)
yummy brown leaf ribbon

Until later~