Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Coloring "transparent" things with Copics

The class I took this month was using Copics to make things look transparent. This is a fun technique and really adds a lot of dimension to a stamped image.We used the balloon stamp, but it work well with other images too.
We started by coloring the balloon in the front and worked our way back. Um yeah, I really need to work on circles!! (The pink balloon has a flat side. LOL) Not too shabby for my first try at this technique. =) {I love the cord used on this one, it is wired, so it holds it shape so well.} "Celebrate"  and scalloped layer were cut with the Cricut. All edges were inked with Vintage Photo ink. Matted image was pop dotted.

LOL, still need work on the pink balloon, not sure what is going on with the deformed side. (I forgot to ask, but I think the sentiment layer was 2 brackets welded together and cut with the Cricut.)
Ok, a little better. LOL There is no way this technique could be pulled off with water based markers, the colors would turn out "muddy" (because you layer your colors) and the paper would pill. That pretty green ribbon started off  white, love coloring accessories with Copics, they are a perfect match every time. =)
 These 3 images were colored during class, after I got home I had to finish my "homework" and I wanted to play around a little with the technique, so....
This time I colored from the back forward, I started with the green one and ended with the blue one. As you can see, there is not much difference no matter which direction you go.


 I love this one, it's may favorite!! As you can see Hailey needed to practice her coloring too. ;-D Precious!!!
Thanks for stopping by!!
Until later~

1 comment:

Kristie Maynard said...

Great job with that technique. I don't think you did too bad at all. Everything takes a bit of practice though, you'll be a pro before you know it!