Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Princess

I have another challenge layout today that I did for iVillage, this time it was a sketch challenge. The thing I like best about sketch is that you can follow them to the "T" or use then as a springboard to create your own layout. I stuck pretty close to the sketch this time. I am very happy with the out come, and because I started with the basic layout already tweaked it was done in very little time.
This is the sketch. (So sorry I can not remember where I got this sketch from, I had saved it on my old laptop and when I transferred everything over a couple of weeks ago I found it again.)


This is my take on the layout. I used Basic Grey's Two Scoop paper collection and stickers (Title, flower and rickrack "ribbon.") I love the soft colors in this collection. (I used the brads from the Basic Grey Lemonade collection.) The pennants were cut using the Gypsy (I un-linked the pennant shape to customize the height and width.) The pennants with the heart embellies are also pop-dotted. I used some pink heart bling for a little sparkle- what's a princess without sparkle? LOL
 I showed this layout to Hailey when I had it all finished, she said, "Momma, I want to eat it!!" I asked her why, thinking she liked the papers, but no!! She said it was because she is wearing a candy bracelet!! She is so silly!!
 Thank you for stopping by!!
Until later~

No comments: