Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Today I am sharing a couple of "girly" cards. Again, I paired an old stamp set with some new 6x6 designer paper pads. This first card was my inspiration for digging out some of my older stamp sets. I have some Polar White Flower Soft that I was wanting to use. I knew I DID NOT want to use it as snow... I have had enough of that this winter, thank you very much!! ;-) So I happened to remember this stamp and the bubbles, and decided to give it a shot. I really like how it turned out.
 I just wish I had colored the bathtub teal instead of blue. Oh well. LOL

I colored my image with Copic Markers and added the Flower Soft, I then added an off-set mat before adhering it onto my card front. I used the Upper Crust border punch on my designer paper before mounting that strip onto a layer of cardstock. This ended up being a pretty hefty card with 7 layers of paper by time I finished. Sheesh!! LOL All edges were  distressed with Vintage photo Distress ink.

I wanted to change things up a bit on this one, I used the Spica clear pen on the bubbles. AND, did you notice I used the correct colors on the bathtub? LOL I like how the circles on the bottom paper mimics the bubbles. The Corner Chomper was used on all four of the card's corners and on one of the image corner. The sentiment (Have a Bubbly Birthday) is a set that coordinates with a set of fish stamps that are in my collection. Don't be afraid to mix it up. :-)  I can image using this card along with a gift/gift card for Bath and Body Works.
Thank you so much for stopping by!!
Until later~

No comments: