Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Birthday Flowers


Grandma B's birthday was last week. Here is the card we sent her. Daddy called and chatted with her, catching up on all the latest. Hailey was eager to tell her "Happy Birtday!" LOL But she did chicken out and not sing for her. Hunter wasn't in much of a mood to talk.
(Everything used except for the image is from The Angel Comapny and can be found in my on-line store-link on the right-->.) If you look closely you will see that there is an embossed "frame" around the matted image. I love using the Scor-pal to achieve that effect- it is so easy with the right tool. The image is one I had picked up about 4 years ago, I love those cute little heart-shaped leaves. I wanted to use a watercolor technique- picking up a little color from the tip of the watercolor crayons using an Aquaflow water brush. The colors are so pretty I just could not bring myself to mute them with more water. LOL Stickles added to the center of the flowers adds a little sparkle and shine, and the petals of the flowers were dotted with a white chalk pen. The image was matted with DP from the Miss Moxie SWIC and the beautiful sheer ribbon is from the same collection. I hope you enjoy it Grandma!!
We had an unexpected visitor show up at our home around 2 AM Friday. Both Hubby and I ended up with the Stomach flu. I thought it was so strange that we both got it at the EXACT same time. Hummm, I did wonder for a minute if it was food poisoning, but it wasn't. How do I know that it wasn't? Well, because Hunter woke up around 12:30 Saturday morning with the SAME thing. Poor little guy. He was doing much better yesterday evening. So, my word of advice- If the tummy bug comes to visit at your house, just pretend you are not home!! LOL
Until later~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you all feel better soon! No one likes THAT kind of visitor! {{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

Ugh hope you feel better soon!

Sammi said...

What a gorgeous card! I'm sure she LOVED it!
sorry to hear about the nasty visiter! I hope that you are ALL better now!!
xxx

Anonymous said...

It's adorable card!! Love this flowers painting on this!!