Pages

Friday, September 26, 2008

Welcome to the world Elijah

A couple at church welcomed baby Elijah into their family last week. (I thought she was going to be preggers forever. LOL) This is the card I made last night to send. I know as a new mother that there is nothing as wonderful as your new baby-his sweet little face, cute little toes, that incredible "new baby" smell, and the sound of hearing his name. Ahhh, the joys of a new baby. (Lawanda- maybe you should skip this post. LOL I know you have baby fever pretty bad. LOL)
Ok, back to my post. The card base is DCWV card stock (it has a white core, which looks cool when sanded.) When you use versamark on DCWV cardstock it doesn't pop right away, you need to gently sand it to get the tone on tone look. [see the bottom of the card?] The baby shapes stamps were bought when I was pregnant with Hailey, I love them because there are so many shapes- and you can personalize them. (remember mommy's love Baby's name....)
I have a girl version to share tomorrow, so be sure to stop back and check it out.

Have a great weekend!!
Until later~

6 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous card Lisa, I love all the baby items with his name on it!! Very nice:-) Hope you have a great day and a wonderful weekend!! Hugs, Kelly

BarbL said...

What a wonderful idea for a baby card. Lovely colors & layout!!

Anonymous said...

Oh you are so right, when I read about you thinking she'd be prego forever, I was thinking "I wish I was pregnant!!!" LOL So sad. :-p

I love those baby shapes! What a fabulous idea to stamp the letters on there!

I may go to a crop tonight. If I do, it will be the first time I will have scrapped in nearly a year!

That is if I don't chicken out and just go around looking at everyone else's stuff instead! haha

Joana24 said...

gorgeous card Lisa .

hope you have a nice weekend
hugs
Joana

Alley said...

I love the shapes with the letter it's terrific. The colors are pretty as well.

CraftyC said...

A lovely card!!
Clairex