Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Cars

Here are two masculine cards. You know how easy these are for me. *wink* I love the Cars set from TAC. The black and white one has been embossed using the Scor-Pal. I tried very hard to keep this one as basic as possible, I really try to match my designs to the recipients. Mike is a meat and potatoes, jeans and t-shirt, welder kind of guy. LOL
The card on the right is for Joseph, he is still dreaming of someday getting his first car or pickup. LOL The designer paper is Just like Dad, I love the colors!!

We got the kids up early this morning, put on their socks and a jacket (A chilly 48 here this morning) and headed to the airport. DH is heading to MA for the weekend, he will be spending time at the Big E (a huge combined "state" fair for the East coast states). On the way home the kiddos thought that every plane they saw was the one daddy was in. LOL

Prayer requests today-
-My mom, she is not doing well today
-A Friend is having surgery today
-A gentlemen from church has to have his eye removed tomorrow because of a tumor
-Jeff (he is like a son to me) is living in TX, he just called- they are evacuating, Ike is expected to hit about 15 miles from where he lives
-Pastor's daughter (she is college aged) is having her Gall bladder removed on Monday
-DH for traveling mercies
-Leah, a 2 year old DD of a sister Angel, she has a lump in neck, they are going to remove it on Monday

Looking over that list I realize I have so much to be thankful for, I never want to take anything for granted!!!

Thank you for stopping by!!

Until later~

2 comments:

Lainy's Little Blog said...

These are lovely Lisa. I agree, I find it difficult to make mens and boy's cards too but you have done a great job with these. Hope you are well. Hugs, Lainy xx

Barb said...

Great guy cards, Lisa... I always have a tough time with masculine cards!

I am with you in realizing how thankful I am right now.

And thanks for your wonderful comments you always leave me on my blog!