Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

LOAD #7- A mini album


A couple of years ago I made a few scrapbook kits. I had not done anything with them, until yesterday. I wanted to whip up something real quick and grabbed one of those kits. I grabbed the Halloween one and got to work.
 I wanted to make it easy on myself, so I only added very few extras to the original kit. For me,less choices means I can get done faster. I added some embossing folders, Black Magic mist, button twine and wiggly eyes.  
I used 6x6 chipboard for the base of my pages and O Wires for the binding.
The front cover. The pumpkin is a wood piece I covered with designer paper. (I put this kit together so long ago I forget which paper collection I used.) I used some button twine to tie a metal charm to the stem. As it turns out this was the only page I used the mist one. LOL (I need to pick up some tiny black letters to add to the title.)
Here you can see one of the embossed photo mats. I added some chipboard letters and stars and layered some flowers on these pages. The spiral clip at the top of the right page holds the flap closed. (This is a good way to add more space for photos.)
 The flap opened.

 The page on the left I left plain. The spooky trees were too cool to cover. I added a plastic id badge for a couple of wallet sized photos. The page on the right has an embossed photo mat some black cardstock, layered flower and skull and tombstone ribbon.

Another embossed phot mat with a torn photo corner and layered flower.
The "spooky" page is my favorite! I like the wiggly eyes inside the "o"s and the black pompom trim!

 A library pocket will hold photos as well as a journaling card. I added a paper bag with a tag in the opening. 

 Paper bag pages.

 Another embossed photo mat.  I added the velvety cat stickers to the page on the right. (I will get some tiny black letter stickers to add some wording.)
And now for some details-
 A metal charm.

 I used the Bind-it all to bind my album, then added ribbon and another metal charm. 

 A wiggly eye flower. LOL


And this is what I have left over. I can further embellish the pages once I get some photos in there. 
It feels good to use my stash!! And it only took about 3.5 hours to finish the whole thing.Even though I am not big on Halloween I am very pleased with how my mini turned out! (And Hunter gave it his seal of approval!! LOL)
I need to look and see what other kits I have. LOL
Thanks for stopping by!!
Until later~

No comments: