Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

Heat embossing tutorial

Are you ready for a tutorial? Do you ever find yourself needing a color of embossing powder you don't have? Yesterday while working on some Christmas cards I started a list of all the colors of embossing powders I need. For starters I need green- not too bright, not too dark, more of a celedon-ish color. Then it happened, I started playing, and from that comes my next tutorial.

The Angel Company has listed coordinating ink colors with each of it's Designer Papers. They list both Versamagic (a chalk ink) and Palette (a Hybrid ink) colors. Embossing with chalk inks is very easy peasy- stamp, sprinkle with your clear embossing powder and heat until the powder melts. Chalk inks are slow drying. Hybrid inks on the other hand dry very quickly, making it more difficult to emboss with it. So, that is where this tutorial comes in-




1. Ink up your selected image with Versamark Ink.


















2. Use your Palette ink to ink over the Versamark.











3. Stamp on cardstock, cover with Clear embossing powder and heat set.


There you have it- a custom embossed image. This technique works with all your Dye inks. Isn't that just so cool? Go ahead, you know you want to try it. :-)

Until later~

4 comments:

BarbL said...

Lisa:
Great tutorial! Have you tried the Transcendance EP? It works great with the Palette inks and saves you that extra step with the Versamark pad. It comes in a bottle but I put mine into a tupperware like bowl with a lid and I'm still using the first bottle I bought years ago.
Think about trying it with your next TAC order!! I love it & I know Julie Griffith swears by it!
Barb L. (AH#1)

Dianette Seda said...

Thanks for the tutorial. I've done it with chalk inks but never thought of using both inks together.

Jewels said...

You beat me to it Barb! Love Transcendence and it works with Palette and Versamagic ink. I love that little tree from the Vintage Christmas set. Great tips!
Jewels

Bridgett Owens said...

Oh I so have to try this! I am always saying I wish I had "X" color embossing powder. This is a great alternative! Thank you for sharing this!