Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Pink Elephant color challenge

We have the makings of a busy week here so I am sharing another card while I have some free time. I have said it a million times, I am not a big fan of Halloween. It is just not my thing. Having said that (again!) I am going to show you what I made yesterday.
 I will also mention that I made this card for another challenge I found on-line. The Pink Elephant's challenge this week is a color challenge- Black, orange and purple. Sounds like fun, huh? This was an easy one for me, for some reason I had bought this stamp a couple of years ago and had not inked it up yet. (I am not happy with the way the Memento Tuxedo ink worked on the tree. I think I need to get a Versafine Black Onyx ink pad.)

I actually like the way it turned out, well except for the tree. I love the way that the moon turned out! (I think I remember now why I bought this stamp, just so I could try the moon technique. LOL) Here on the prairie we get lots of chances to see the huge moon rising over the horizon. Love it!
 I used my circle punch to make a stencil for the moon, then ink was applied with the Ranger ink blending tool and a makeup sponge.
So, for my black, orange and purple card I used the following supplies-
Stamp- Halloween Night cling (I am not able to find this one on-line)
Ink- memento Tuxedo Black, Palette Hybrid ink Raw Sienna and Sun Flower, and Tim Holtz Black Soot and Spiced Marmalade
Paper- Echo Park Chillinsworth Manor 6x6 pad (old) and PTI cardstock Smokey Shadow, Canyon Clay and Plum pudding
Copic markers- C2
Misc- We R Memory Keepers Black Onyx Washi tape and  Kaisercraft Black pearls
 OK, so I will admit this is a little out side of the box for me, but I enjoyed making it.So, tell me what you think of my card.
 A big thank you to The Pink Elephant for the challenge. Head on over and check out the other entries.
Thanks for stopping by!!
Until later~

2 comments:

Angie said...

Love it! That is a great tree and the moon idea, how clever!

Kristie Maynard said...

Beautiful job, especially for a theme that you aren't usually into. I'm the same way as far as Halloween goes, not a big fan. Great job.