Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Patriotic tulle wreath

While cruising around Pinterest I found the inspiration for my Memorial Day/4th of July wreath. It came together very fast and is super cute!!

I used a styrofoam wreath (mine was green haha), rolls of tulle (I bought 3  25 yds spools of each color and had a little of the blue  leftover) and some white glitter stars. I cut the tulle into 22" strips and then double knotted them onto my wreath. I started with the blue and used it on about 1/4 of the wreath. I then started on the strips using red first and alternated 3 strips of red and 3 strips of white until I had filled in the entire wreath. I ended with red- the top and bottom strips on an American flag are red- and then filled in the tiny space that was open with more of the blue. Tacky glue on the back of the stars hold them in place. I like the ratty edges so I left my strips untrimmed, and as you can see it pretty much covers my back door. You could trim the ends if you like.
My flag wreath has been on my door since May and the heat through the glass storm door causes the tulle to look a little messy at times, but I finger comb the tulle back into place and it looks good as new again.
 I love Americana decor and lean more toward navy, cream and burgundy but the traditional red, white and blue looks very stunning on our house. I will be sad to put it away in a couple of weeks!!
Thanks for stopping by!!
Until later~

1 comment:

Kristie Maynard said...

Great job. Looks like a quick and easy project and that's just what you need with all you have going on. TFS!