Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Christmas Ornament Card 2014

 I found making my Christmas cards this year was so much easier once I had everything organized!!  Having everything in these baskets made it so much easier, and I didn't lose any time looking for lost supplies!
Once I decided on my layout and supplies I took a short cut that saved me tons of time. I wanted to use my Spellbinders scalloped rectangles for a couple of layers, but didn't want to crank them one at a time! So, I used my Big Shot to die cut one of each size I was going to use. Then I scanned those two die cuts with my printer, I was then able to use those files with my Cameo! I didn't need to cut my cardstock down to use in the Big Shot nor did I have to cut them one at a time! I was able to cut my 8.5x11 cardstock using page fill and they were cut very quickly.

 Instead of making a traditional A2 card I chose to make a hanging ornament. I stamped my sentiment on the back and added the year. (Oh my, looks like this one could have been lined up better. Opps!)
I used the Close To My Heart Mary and Babe stamp colored with Copic markers and popped the brown layer with foam tape. I used a tiny hole punch to make the tiniest hole to thread my cord through. Even though I made a lot of cards and each card had several steps involved it ended up being quite easy to mass produce.

I love my little basket of Christmas ornaments.
Thanks for stopping by!
Until later~

1 comment:

Kristie Maynard said...

Great idea. I should use the ornament idea for cards next year. A lovely keepsake. TFS!