Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Halloween Mantle Decor

So, I forgot to post these last fall. Hubby had some 2x4s left over from a project and I claimed them. After he was so kind to cut them to size for me, I sanded them down, gave them a quick coat of paint and cut  some vinyl. I think they all turned out really cute!

 This is my basic mantle. 

 2x4 cats and pumpkin and jack o lanterns. I found the ideas on Pinterest and the vinyl faces were a file I downloaded from a Silhouette Facebook page.
(I never did decide how I wanted to add a stem to my pumpkins. Next fall I will commit to a stem! LOL Still not sure if I want to use a branch cut to size or a square block of wood.)

 My FAVORITE piece! (The files for the vinyl faecs came from a Facebook Silhouette page.) I love the mummy, I think she is so cute! Frankie is pretty cute too! 
(Ha! Looks like the top of my (stemless) pumpkin is cut crooked. Funny it doesn't look like that in person.)

Here is a happy trio of jacks. (What do you think of adding large nails as stem for these cuties?) I used these for Thanksgiving simply by turning them around to the backsides which don't have faces.
I do have a couple more things I want to add next fall. I just need to remind myself to not wait until the last minute to make them!
You can check out my inspiration by following these links:
Thanks for stopping by to see my Pintrest inspire Autumn mantle!
Until later~

No comments: