Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

DIY Wooden Candle box

Every now and then I get bitten by a different bug that causes me to lay my paper, ink and stamps aside temporarily. Such was the case yesterday. In the middle of cutting cardstock for my Christmas cards another project started calling my name! Actually, it was a project that had been started a few weeks ago. I had been cruising around Pinterest and saw some wooden candle boxes that made me drool.  I found basic candle box directions after a Google search. A quick trip to the home improvement store for lumber, paint and stain and a handy husband resulted in my brand new candle box. But, being the primitive kinda girl that I am that new candle box was in need of some love. So, yesterday, in the middle of Christmas card prep that lovely box started call out to me. I dry brushed a little paint on it and then put a coat of Early American stain on the whole thing. Now am am so happy with my "old' new candle box.

The box is just under 3 feet long! I went a neutral color so I can change it out for different seasons. I will be adding a coat of wax at some point, and maybe some vinyl text? Oh yea, and I need to pick up some AAA batteries for my candles.
 Ok, now that the candle box is no longer calling my name maybe I can get back to my Christmas cards.
Thanks for stopping by!!
Until later~

2 comments:

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

Love this Lisa!

Kristie Maynard said...

Great job! Won't it look great all decorated for Christmas?!?!? Lovely!