Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Christmas Tag Swap

I am a part of a great group of scrapping ladies. It is no secret that there is some serious talent in that group! We recently completed a card swap, and having the creative juices flowing decided to do a tags swap. We needed to make 10 tags, and I can hardly wait to get 10 tags back!

I did 5 each of 2 different designs. For my first tag I went "old school." LOL

I started with a pre-made tag that I have had in my stash forever. I stamped my image (one of my all time favorites!!) and colored with my Prismacolor pencils. I have used my Copics almost exclusively for the past 3 years and almost forgot how much fun it is to color with the pencils. I used some white Liquid Applique that I have been hoarding forever. Again, I had forgotten how much fun it is to play with that stuff! I love this tag! I hope the ladies do too!
Supplies- 
Stamp- Perky Penguins- Red Rubber Design, "To/ From"- Christmas Circles- Red Rubber Designs, "be merry" from my stash
Ink- memento Tuxedo Black, Vintage photo Distress Ink
Misc- Liquid Applique
Misc- white Liquid Applique, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Crystal Stickles, red rhinestones, red & white Bakers Twine

My second tag is a little more formal, and has lots of layers.


I chose to used lots of die cuts on this one, thank goodness for the Big Shot. I started with Spellbinders Labels 8 cut in Ripe Avacodo. I stamped it with a small snowflake with Versamark ink for a tone on tone effect. The scalloped circle and the "bookplate" were cut with the Make it Memorable dies from Taylored Expressions. I then used the Circles Spellbinders dies.(I love how dies from different companies work together so well!) All edges were inked with Landscape Palette ink. A tiny rhinestone and a little Ripe Avacodo ribbon finished my tag. Not only did I use lots of layers, but I pop dotted each of them too. I enjoy layering up my tag because I have to watch it on my cards.
Thanks for stopping by!
Until later~

1 comment:

Kristie Maynard said...

Oh Lisa!!! These are wonderful. I'll be having a hard time letting any of the tags go. Everyone has done such a great job on them! Can't wait for y'all to see them. TFS!