Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

September Blog hop

I enjoyed last month's blog hop so much that I had to get in on this month's too. =) The theme for  the Blog Hop at Paper Wings this month was Anything But a Card. It took me awhile to settle on my project, but I am very pleased with it. The holidays are heading our way so I thought these cookie in a jar gifts would be perfect to share.
For the first one I dressed up my jar with a cute band. I♥ this turkey from The Angel Company's Give Thanks stamp set. I used my Copics to color him. I used the Mega circle punch for the layer I stamped. I then used the Mega circle scalloped punch with the More Mimi designer paper- because it is the same size as my turkey layer I offset it slightly to add a little interest, and then those two layers were adhered to the Giga scalloped circle. (A white gel pen was used to add even more interest.) The More Mimi cardstock collection was used to make the band, the green cardstock was punched with a decorative punch and the edges were   inked with Palette Burnt Umber ink. A little brown ribbon (More Mimi) finished off my jar.
For the second jar I chose to use a tag. The pumpkin can be found in the Thanksgiving Sweeties set (TAC.) I used my Copics on this one too. The top of the tag was made using a tag punch. (Tip-You can make custom tags by cutting your paper to the desired length and threading it through the punch so only the top cuts.) To set the More Mimi eyelet I used the Crop-a-dile, and the finished the tag by rounding the 2 corners with the Corner Chomper. The Scrapper's Floss tied the tag to the More Mimi ribbon.
Jar recipes are quick, easy and fun gifts. Here are a few web sites with recipes-Cookies, Soup, lots of ideas. (<---Click on each one to see recipes and ideas.)
Ok, so go..... hop on over and see what everyone else has in store for you.
Rita W
Angela
Seleise
Carol
Shirley
Michelle
Chelsea Comer
Thanks for stopping by!!
Until later~

16 comments:

AmethystCat said...

I love treats in a jar and yours look fabulous! love the band and the hang tag! super ideas!

Chelsea said...

cute project and great tags!

Rita W said...

The Gifts in a Jar are great gift ideas. Like your tags too. The offset turkey tag is a fun twist - I'll be using that idea! Great use of the copics!

Kristie Maynard said...

Great job on these. I really love the way you off set that scalloped circle, adds a lot of interest. Very nice!

Glittered Paws said...

What a great idea and will make a great treat!! Very cute idea.

Unknown said...

Great gifts! I really like the turkey one with the dotted scalloped circles! Great way to make them pop! The pumpkin one is so quick and easy! Great for when you need lots!

Angela K said...

I love to make this kind of gift, and yours are dressed up so cute! TFS

Michelle said...

I always want to give the gifts in a jar but never do. What a great idea and your tag and band is perfect for the holiday giving season!

Cindy said...

These are so cute! Thanks for the website links I'm going to be making some up for Christmas gifts.

Chris said...

Looks yummy - great project to share. :)

Kim said...

What great projects! It's never to soon to start thinking of gift ideas.. Thanks for the links for these recipes...

Trudy Osborn said...

What cool gift ideas! Love your beautiful way of decorating the jars...so pretty to receive

Trudy Osborn said...

What cool gift ideas! Love your beautiful way of decorating the jars...so pretty to receive

Becky said...

What fabulous gift ideas.Beautiful coloring.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for Thanksgiving motif ABAC idea w/ technique details in your nifty blog contribution. Great reminder to be practical with something 'you' would enjoy receiving and using withing two months' freshness 'date'. I can imagine this great art coloring on a cold frap bottle belly band and a four pak carrier loaded with Smarties, Root Beer Barrels, Butterscotch discs,or Mary Janes wrapped in orange waxed papers. All those individually wrapped goodies would slip easily from an offered beautifully decorated open sweets packed jar. Yummie!
Keep Looking UP!

Percy said...

adorable project!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!