Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

A little scrapping

I have been so busy making cards lately that scrapping had moved to the back burner.  But, I am happy to report that I completed 3 layouts last week. Three layouts!! That even impresses me because I am such a sloooowww scrapper. LOL
 Here is my one page layout--


Ready for a little 'I Spy?"
- 3 designer papers
-1 torn page from an old dictionary- dog-eared and torn (not touching my photo. LOL)
-a sticker bracket
-2 rub-ons
- a labels 8 Nestie shape  (I actually traced around the outer edge of the die and then hand cut it  to make the shape slightly larger.)
-Faux "notebook" edge on the larger designer paper (I used the Bind it all to make the holes and then used my scissors to snip little triangles along the edge.)
-Twine wrapped around the picture.
-Ink on all the edges
-1 5x7 photo (taken last fall, I am not afraid to hold on to pictures until I find the "right" paper. LOL )
-One scripture verse, because Hailey is " fearfully and wonderfully made"

I used the bracket on the dictionary page because I thought it was perfect for this picture..
 See it, it says, "delightful" perfect, huh? (I only got 3 dictionary pages, how cool is it that one would be so perfect?)
Thanks for stopping by!!
Until later~

1 comment:

Kristie Maynard said...

Great layout! I love the use of the dictionary page. I have seen several cards made with pages from old books and in fact have a book that I have designated just for that purpose. I love the look of the old paper and fonts etc.