Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Work night was moved from Tuesday night to Wednesday night this week. I am proud to say that my Valentines are done and ready to mail!! I have 2 birthday cards ready to mail, and I even whipped up a St. Patrick's Day card- just for the fun of it! LOL


First, another Valentine-

This is a very simple card using the Love Doodles stamp set. A couple of gems were added as accents. In the scan you can not see that the heart inside the square on the lower right side was layered 3 times. The first layer was stamped directly on the card, the next layer the white part of the box was cut out and used. Finally, the heart only was cut and pop dotted to the second layer. IRL it looks very cool. Besides the Palette inks, Tombow markers were also used.

Oh yea, and the design was CASED from my Angel friend Mary. (Mary has pictures of her new cuddle buddy you need to see.)

Isn't amazing that one day each year we all can be Irish? LOL Honestly, I have no idea where my families came from, but I am sure there is a little Irish in there somewhere. ;-)
This is the very first St. Paddy's card for me. The frog is from the Hoppy Everything set, (TAC) and a true Angel Trudy sent me the stamped image. (Make sure you click on her name to see her amazing work!!) He is colored with the Prismacolor Pencils, and outlined with the Tombow gray marker. Mini Sampler and Swirlygigs was used for the background. The cardstock is Matchmakers and the dark green is also from TAC. It doesn't show up well, but the corners have been pierced.
Well, now that I have jumped ahead to St. Paddy's day, I need to back up a minute- DH's birthday is the 14th of February. Yep, he is my Valentine birthday boy!! :-) I am having the hardest time coming up with a card idea for him this year. (Maybe it is because I have used all of my "manly" stamps for him already? LOL Where did I put the new The Angel Company catalogue? Momma *needs* new rubber!!! LOL)
Because I have been so long winded today, I will share the other cards another time.
Until later~

No comments: