Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Spring Cottage

I love the series of house stamps being released over at Taylored Expressions! I knew instantly when I saw this darling little cottage that I had to have it. 


Spring Cottage is paper pieced with small accents added with Copic markers. (Did you know you can use your Copic markers to color on designer papers? Pretty cool, huh?)
I used several dies to complete my landscaping, the Picket Fence border die, Fresh cut grass (which I cut twice and layered) and the Die-namics Cloud trio
I wanted my scene to look like a page from a child's story book, something without a lot of "fancy" details. (The small strip of blue was left at the bottom until I decided if I was to stamp a sentiment there or just trim it off.)



For the inside I stamped the cottage image again, leaving it uncolored this time. I added a couple of die cuts, continuing the look from the card front. I will added a sentiment to the roof of the cottage later, when I am ready to mail my card. I think even with the inside finished I still have ample room to add a personalized note. 
Thanks for stopping by!!
Until later~




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cuuuuute! Love how you accented with the copics!