Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Horsin' Around

My layout today is one I created for a challenge on a Facebook scrapbook group I belong to. The challenge is "Something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue" we are very easy going and we are not too strict about the "guidelines." LOL
Once a challenge is posted we are free to use it as we like. So, here is my layout for this challenge-

 We had a Bassett hound for a couple of months until we had to find her a new home in June 2008- she went to live with one of hubby's co-workers and his family. His daughter Tiffany had recently gotten a new horse and was more than happy to take Hailey for a ride. (Hunter was too afraid to ride, but not our baby girl!) Hailey loved riding the horse! She did not want to get off!

 I used a NEW Cricut cartridge- Countery life for the title and the horse die cut. (I LOVE the way the newer cartridges layer- they can be done so much faster than the old style!)

 The title, once I adhered it to my layout I wished I had cut the shadow for it, but, oh well. :-) I like the layered pharses on this cartridge.

I know, you are wondering what on earth, right? Well, this is the back of my layout. The white are is where I cut a square out of my base layer. I was then able to use this piece to make the mats for my photos and the letters that are layered, AND I still have a little left over. (I have said it before and I will say it again- I am stingy with my designer paper.!!LOL)
Something old- my designer paper (and the pictures)
Something new- Country Life Cricut cartridge
Something borrowed- The layered base idea (I usually use one paper as my base)
something blue- My title was cut in the blue color and then the red was layered over some of the letters
I am so happy I finally have these pictures on a Layout!! I am even more happy that I had index cards with the info tucked in with the pictures too. 
Thanks for Stopping by!
Until later~

No comments: