Pages

Monday, November 5, 2007

Sharing a Christmas card


This is a card I whipped together last night. I bought this set (Silhouette Nativity from TAC) a couple of months ago, and I just was not happy with anything I did with it. On Saturday I decided to try embossing it. Well, a little trip to the LSS to get Copper embossing powder was in store. I love looking (and buying) all the new pretty things. Anyhoo, so last night I get a couple of minutes, I knew I HAD to use the Amelia paper and cardstock from TAC. These papers are so beautiful, honestly I hated to cut them. I would have been happy enough to just frame them. LOL The strip of beautiful paper at the bottom of the card is on the inside, the front of the card has a torn edge to let the paper inside show through. The night sky stamp from the Silhouette Nativity set was inked with Pallette Burnt Umber and stamped twice across the middle. Two 1/2" card stock strips frame the double matted embossed image. I used the Burnt Umber ink pad to distress my edges. I finished off my matted image with Tan Scrapper's floss, and adhered it to the card with pop dots to give it an extra dimension. I have decided that I either need to place another TAC order (Oh, darn! *Chuckle*) or head to the Local Scrap book store to buy a darker color floss. I can only imagine how that would really stand out against the Ivory paper.
November is a continuation of DOUBLE Hostess benefits!! What does that mean, it means lots of good things coming your way. Host a FUNshop with $100 in merchandise sales and you get 2 Half priced items- your choice- from ANYTHING in the catalogue. YES, even the The Big Shot can be yours for half price. =) Merchandise purchases of as little as $30 gets you two free stamps from the Gift with Purchase stamps on page 5.
Until later~

No comments: