Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Butterfly kisses

Today is sister's turn to be the star of my layout. This is the 3rd page I made using the Coconut Lime Soup collection by Jillibean Soup using a Sketch of the Month kit.

(You can click the photo for a larger view.)
I love these pictures of our sweet girl taken in October 2010 at Chestnut Ridge Metro Park in Columbus. It was a gorgeous fall day, Hunter didn't have school that day and daddy took the day off work. So, we decided to visit a new park. City, State and National Parks have always been our "thing." We love finding new parks to explore. An added bonus is when the park has a play area for the kiddos, and this one had a nice one. We walked down to the dock, walked through the woods and of course checked out the playground. Daddy says these are his all time favorite photos of Hailey, so I am so happy that they are now out of the photo box and ready for an album.
 With the title of Butterfly Kisses I had to add an assortment of punched butterflies. (Once again I only adhered the body of the butterfly to my page and bent the wings up for added dimension.) I didn't place my embellishments in a triangle this time, instead I sprinkled them around my photos. I did however use the triangle, do you see it? It is the brown/floral paper- the butterfly on my title, the journal box and the thin strip at the top of the page. (I wanted to add the strip to my page, but because I had not used braown anywhere else on my page I needed to tie it to the bottom of my page.) I also got to use those cute little rhinestones in pink, blue and green. (The girl LOVES bling!)
I just did a little journalling and called it done. LOL (And yes, I fixed my journaling. LOL)
Thanks for stopping by today!
Until later~

2 comments:

Kristie Maynard said...

Adorable layout! I understand why Daddy loves these pictures, they are lovely!

Unknown said...

Adorable, I love exploring new parks too!! ;) And your embellishments look like they are placed in the form of a start! Are you starting a new trend here, Lisa?? Lol, love it!