Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

All she wanted for her birthday....








THIS is what Hailey wanted for her birthday...... "West Birginia!!" The kids love West Virginia, they would move there in a split second if possible. (Hubby tried very hard to get a job there before finding a job in ND.)
The kids have so much freedom while we are there, something they do not get in Columbus. They are free to come and go as they please, and they do. LOL There are lots of cousins there to spend time with, and in West Virginia they have a "Mawmaw" and "Pawpaw" "aunts, uncles and cousins."  And on this trip they got to spend lots of time in the pool.
This is our water loving girl!!
Hailey was content to float all day.
Hunter totally amazed me!! He was doing cannonballs right away. This was their first "real" pool, but Hunter started treading water quickly. He used the floaties for maybe 20 minutes and then he was done with them. The little stinker was swimming underwater like he had been doing it forever.
And there he goes again!! LOL The kids were waterlogged by the end of the weekend,but very happy.  Hailey went to Vacation Bible School one night, then we all went to see the program, in the little church where my daddy grew up. After the program and back at Mawmaw and Pawpaw's everyone gathered for birthday cake and ice cream. Hailey was so surprised!! We all had a great time!!
 It was hard saying good bye this time. I know that it will not be 3.5 hours away any more, but instead it will be 25 hours away. West Virginia is a place where I spent a lot of time during my childhood summers, a place that holds lots of memories, the place where I came from. It is a place where I always feel loved and at home, a place I never want to leave. A place that causes me to have a huge lump in my throat, my eyes burn, and the tears flow every time I say good bye. My kids now are having the same hard time when we leave, but I know why....... Because West Virginia is in our blood!!

No comments: