Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tie dye technique with Copics

I would like to start by saying THANK YOU to everyone who stops in to read my blog!! I appreciate each on of you. THANK YOU for the encouraging words in your comments!! Love to all!!
Today I am sharing a super cool technique. Did you know you can "tie dye" with your markers. I really like LOVE being able to buy my embellishments in white (or clear) and customizing them to my projects. not only does that save money but space too!! ;-)
So here you go....
For this one I used different colors, you have to wait until your flower dries completely after the first color before adding the second color. (That really doesn't take long because Copics are alcohol based and you use alcohol to push the color to the edges. (Yeah, it just takes a little color in the center of your flower, it looks like you use more ink than you do.)





Look how pretty! The center of my flower is 2 flat paper flowers squished and glued.


Details


Another tie dyed flower. The button (started as white) was airbrushed, I always like playing with the Copic Airbrush system!!


A closer look at the flower.

Thanks for stopping by!!
Until later~

1 comment:

ScrappyPam said...

Wow, those flowers are just beautiful!!