Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Valentines Project

Crazy, crazy I tell you!! That has been our life lately. I can not believe it has been almost a month since my last post! Well, I do have something cute to share with you today.
 While blog hopping I found some new blogs that are truly inspiring, this is one of them -> Craft Goodies
Wendy is so creative and talented!! She also has an Etsy shop (found HERE)  When I saw her Sweet "heart" I knew I had to have it. (Sorry, I do not see it in her shop now.)  She used  MDF to cut each piece. (I think I have developed a love affair with that stuff!! It is so easy to work with!!) By the way, I highly recommend buying from her, I received my stuff in a timely manner (despite the ice storm and power outages!!)  I am really impressed with the quality and I am sure I will be a repeat customer!! {Hmmm.... what to buy next....} She also provides detailed instructions for her projects.
This is how it arrived-
I painted to the pieces "Buttermilk" before adding some designer papers and ink to the edges. The heart shaped "cookie" was painted brown before the edges were inked. I then applied the "frosting" and seed bead sprinkles. This is what I ended up with-

How darling is that?!!? I am happy with the way it turned out, and because I bought them already pre-cut I had a beautiful  home decor project done in almost no time (even counting drying time and cutting my papers. LOL) So, even if things have been crazy busy I still had time to make something fun. Next year I may add some buttons and ribbon.
 Thanks for stopping by!!
Until next time~

2 comments:

Kristie Maynard said...

That turned out so cute! Great job on this project! Wouldn't it be fun to have a lot of letters and just make up different words for your mood or the day?!?! Would be tough to store though wouldn't it!? Very SWEET!

Wendy@Craft Goodies said...

Those turned out GREAT! So cute, thanks for letting me know you posted about them and for all of your very kind words!