Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

Columbus Scrappers Blog Hop

** If you are coming from Karrie's blog- Welcome!! Didn't she do an awesome job on her layout? Her journalling has inspire me- to scraplift her idea. LOL  I love how she has "it" when it comes to embellishing. I have been blessed to be in several of her classes, she is an excellent teacher!)


This is the first Blog Hop for the Columbus Scrappers. For anyone near central Ohio you can check out the Columbus Scrappers -->Here .  The challenge for this hop was-  Use 3 fall colors, 2 ribbons, and 1 word title on a new layout or card.
I chose the Basic Grey Max and Whiskers line of designer paper and 3 coordinating (fall color) Bazzill colors of cardstock. For my ribbon I used a gingham for the bo on one of my trees, and then used rick rack at the base of each of my trees. (I didn't want the ribbon to stand out because I was doing a more  "masculine" layout.) I used fabric Thickers for the title.
I have known and loved the 3 guys in the photo my entire life. I don't get to see them as often as I would like to, but I hold them near and dear to my heart. They are brothers, my dad's brothers.
I used the Giga Scalloped circle punch to make the tops of my trees. I used Vinage Photo Distress Ink to ink all of the edges.


Next on stop is Carey

Be sure to check out Jana 

And Karrie.
(Click on their names to get to their blogs.)

If you feel up to the challenge I would love to see your creations, just leave me a link in the comments. =)
 Thanks for stopping by!!
Until later~

5 comments:

karriecook said...

Love how you made the hills and trees Lisa! An awesome masculine LO!

Diane said...

I really like your trees...cute!

Kristie Maynard said...

What a great layout. Love it! Everything about it. I have a hard time using only one photo, maybe I should try this challenge just to get outside the box. Thanks!

djp said...

great trees....love that basic gray and how versatile the pet line is!

Unknown said...

Great page! Those trees are too cute!