Pages

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

My Chocolate Chip cookie secret recipe

The kids are out of school for the summer, to celebrate I made them a batch of cookies yesterday. I have been making these cookies for years, and from the beginning folks have always tried to figure out the "secret ingredient."
 I made these cookies for the first time while I was cleaning offices as a third job. I took the cookies to the guys working in the factory one night and then every night they would meet me at the door wanting cookies.
We joke that HB asked me to marry him because of my cookies and my gravy! LOL
I like that this recipe makes a thick, chewy cookie.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/4 C all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
Mix these two together and set aside.

Cream together
1 cup softened butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla 
1  small box instant vanilla pudding (the secret ingredient, Shhh!)
Once those are smooth add 2 eggs.

Slowly add in the flour/baking soda, mixing well.
Stir in one small package of Milk Chocolate chips.
Use a tablespoon to scoop onto an ungreased baking sheet. 
Bake at 350* for 10-14 minutes, until bottoms are golden brown. Remove from baking sheet and place on cooling rack right away. 
 Once cooled store in air tight container. I place a slice of brad in the container with the cookies to keep them soft, and replace it once the bread begins to harden. 

Yesterday I used up some of my baking goodies- chocolate chips, Walnuts and M&M's. Warm from the oven was too much of a temptation for my 4 little cookie monsters to resist. Hunter said they were better than perfect! I'll take that!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Until next time~


2 comments:

Kristie Maynard said...

Sound pretty yummy to me. Thanks for sharing that secret, I might just have to give it a try next time I make some cookies.

Reeni Hampden said...

I am no baker, but definitely going to try this recipe. Thank you for sharing 😄