Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

World Cardmaking Day 2014 Cards

October 4, 2014, World Cardmaking Day is history. And I made history because I actually MADE cards!! Hunter and I spent the day at home being crafty, he made some of the cutest things with his Rainbow Loom and I worked on cards.
I am still using some past card kits and I am so happy to have just a few scraps where kits have been....for way to long!!
I had a kit featuring My Mind's Eye Meadowlark 6x6 paper pad and 5 beautiful colors of card stock and ribbon. The black and white designer paper paired with bright colors made for a lovely set of cards! I made 15 cards, 5 each of 3 different designs. The design part took some time, but then it was super easy and fast to mass produce each design.

I used lots of layers on these cards. I did add black card stock, and I am so glad I did. Look how it makes the colors pop.

 I used my lightest Copic marker to add a little color to the daisy petals. And you can not see it, but I added clear Stickles to the centers of the flowers. The stamp-a-ma-jig helped me to get the sentiments straight.

 When making sets of cards I like to leave the sentiments off of some of them. That can always be added later and makes it easy to build up a collect of cards ready to send when needed.

 Using coordinating dies makes having cut out images so easy, and you know how much I HATE to fussy cut!!:-) I like adding the black accents, it makes the black designer paper look like it "belongs."

Tip- I used the From the Heart die for my sentiment, it kind of got lost on the designer paper until I matted it with black. I cut the same exact die in black card stock and cut the die cut in half, my sentiment is matted on the top and bottom and it really doesn't matter that the sides are not matted. This is a great way to use your die cuts  to get more bang for your buck!
Again I added black details, the twine on the flower stem, the button and the sentiment mat.

 I added clear rhinestones to my butterflies I cut with a punch. (Wouldn't the butterflies be pretty with some swirls stamped on them before adding the bling?)

 These cards have added dimension with the flower being popped up (the stem is not attached to my cards, I tucked it beneath the ribbon.) the butterfly has the wings bent and glue applied to just the body so it looks like it has just landed and then the button. This is a card I will not mail, I don't want anything flattened in the mailing process.

One day, one stamp set and one card kit and now I have 15 new cards ready to go.
Supplies:
Card Kit, Oops a Daisy stamp set and coordinating dies, small scalloped die and from the Heart Die- Taylored Expressions
Black Pearls, Yellow Pearls and Rhinestones- Kaiser Kraft
Copic Markers, Diamond Stickles, pop dots, glue dots
Thanks for stopped by!!
Until later~

1 comment:

Kristie Maynard said...

Lovely cards. I love all the different colors, so pretty! TFS!