Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

4th of July Mantle Projects

Hailey helped make this canvas for the 4th of July for our mantle. She loves getting crafty, I love spending time with her while we work on various projects!! There is nothing better than being creative with little ones!! :-)

 Hailey used Buttermilk Acrylic paint to paint the canvas and once it dried we added our die cuts. Super easy and super cheap- under $5 total!!
(Tip: The parade silhouette was cut 14" long, my mat is 12x12. I used my software to place my image on a diagonal in the center of my mat, lower left corner to upper right corner to get a longer die cut.)

 I love this 3D paper banner!! The kids laughed when I drug out my hubby's cordless drill to "scrapbook!" The wooden beads would not work with my twine, I had to hold each bead with the vise gripes and drill the holes a little bigger, hey it worked!  LOL

 Looks like the mantle is all ready for the 4th!! I plan to add more crafty projects for next year!

Supplies-
Cut files- God Bless America, 3D star and bunting kit, It's a parade- Silhouette Online store
Paper - cardstock- black and kraft
Designer paper-Vintage Nation by Paper Studio
Misc- buttermilk acrylic paint, red mini brads, canvas, hot glue, twine, wooden beads, Tombow multi Mono glue, Distress ink and applicator, and a foam brush

Happy 4th of July!!
I would love to see your 4th of July home decor crafts, please leave a link in the comments!!
Thanks for stopping by!!
Until later~

2 comments:

Kristie Maynard said...

Great project! How smart are you? Using the diagonal to get more length. I used to love crafting with my kids too. Don't get much chance any more though. TFS!

Stacy said...

Awesome canvas & 4th of July decor Lisa, TFS!