Thursday, June 25, 2009
* Our visit to the Rehab center was last night. There are bout 50 residents living there currently. Oh boy did they eat up the kiddos!! We took 6 kids, ranging in age from 2-7. The KIDS had a blast. You should have seen their little faces when they handed off their little foam crosses and clothespin Butterflies (to remind us of our new life in Christ.) Our Praise band provided music in the dining area and several residents gathered to listen and praise God.
I am so glad I went. Those types of facilities are not my thing. I have a very difficult time going. I will be the first to admit I was Blessed Beyond Measure!!!! My kids were shy for a minute, but as soon as they saw the smiles on those elderly faces- well, the rest is history. (I didn't take any pictures to share out of respect for the Residents.)
* Today starts The Angel Company's Seminar. Angels from all across the country are gathering together to be inspired by speakers, break out sessions, make and takes, new friendships, renewed friendships, time away, and a BRAND new Catalogue and Inspiration Book. (I expect mine to arrive on Saturday.)
* Tomorrow is the day we have been looking forward to since January!!! We are heading to PA. Why PA you ask~ because we are heading to Sesame Place. Our kids will get to meet Elmo for breakfast on Monday!! (I will let you know how that goes. LOL)
Krisite- The Road Trip study is one I am doing at our church. Hubby and I have been in a Co-Ed class for the past year and a half. After much prayer this semester I changed to a Ladies class. Our church offers 15 different classes for the Adults to choose from. There is something for everyone.
Since I am not going to be around for a little while I will wish all my friends up north a Happy Canada Day!!!
See you all sometime next week- with lots to share I'm sure!!
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
I stamped Linear Sentiments using the L'Amore Palette ink. (Tip: I stamped the flower and then used the Extra Jumbo circle punch to punch it out. That made cutting out the flower a breeze!!) The sentiment is from Trendy Greetings. A 1/4" punch made the flower center. Super quick and easy card. Perfect for mass production. =)
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
I used The Angel Company's Swirliegigs for the back ground and Trendy greetings for the sentiment. The scalloped circle was made with the Mega Circle Punch, and the other circles were done with the Coluzzle. The designer paper tab and brad are what makes this card work. (Oh the tute little boat was cut with the Cricut and Mickey and Friends Cartridge.)See, it works. The image "swings" so you can read the sentiment. Because of the design of the card you can get 4 card bases from an 8.5"x11" piece of cardstock. You could also do a standard A2 size. I chose the postcard style because I wrote a letter to Hubby thanking him for being such an awesome dad. I thanked him for being a good Godly example. I pray that Hailey and Hunter will have the same kind of relationship with their Heavenly Father as they do with their earthly father!!
Monday, June 15, 2009
Friday, June 12, 2009
SHE HID HER FACE!!!
That was so funny I just had to share. Umm, that may be a sign that I take too many pictures!?!?!
I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!!
Until later~ (and hopefully something crafty)
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
So what have I been doing?
*we re-placed the back fence on Saturday
* my sister was here for the week-end
*chasing a preschooler and a toddler
*started a new Small Group on Sunday
* completed 100 card kits for Church to complete for the Nursing Home
*cooking, cleaning, laundry
*Face Book (totally addicted to Farm Town!! LOL)
*more stuff with kids
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
A lot has changed since that Christmas long ago. The boys are grown now with children of their own. And Sock is no longer there to share in on the excitement. The decorations are more modern. The amount of presents has greatly increased. LOL
This is an 8x8 lo for Sock's Memorial album. I think the funky, retro papers work perfect for this layout. And the Christmas Cheer Cricut cartridge has that 60's feel to it.
The title was cut with the Cricut, and the faux stitching was done with a pen. Two eyelets were added for the ornaments to "hang" from.
Ornaments hung with gold cording, and accented with just a bit of glitter.
Pop dots hold them in place.
The ribbon tab is held in place with an over-sized staple.
The tree was cut with Christmas Cheer, and pop dotted before being added to my layout.
Let me know what you think.